Are you a consultant or other entrepreneur? If so, you know that you can improve your visibility, marketing, and selling by writing. Writing articles and books can help people look for you, your ideas, products and services.
You sell yourself through your writing.
Does this describe your writing experience so far:
- You know what you want to say, and you’re not sure how to say it.
- You look at a blank page and wonder, “What the heck should I say?”
- You’ve started any number of articles or books and haven’t finished any or enough.
- You have articles, and you’re not sure where to place them for maximum effect.
If so, this workshop is for you.
If you’re not sure how to write or what to write, this course is for you. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Session 1: Benefits of writing. How to make writing a habit. How to improve your writing throughput.
- Session 2: How to decide what to write about. How to structure an article. What great articles look like.
- Session 3: The difference between writing and editing. Tools to make editing easier. The value of other people as reviewers.
- Session 4: How to get published. Benefits of publishing your work yourself. Benefits of publishing on other sites. How to approach people to place your writing.
- Session 5: Tips and traps. How to find accountability for yourself.
This workshop starts on a Monday. For the Q4 2020 workshop, the dates are:
September 28, 2020: Send me your pre-work.
Oct 5, 2020: Week 1 starts. Watch the videos. Send me your homework by Oct 10.
Oct 12, 2020, Coaching call at 12pm Eastern. Week 2 starts. Send me your homework by Oct 17.
Oct 19, 2020. Coaching call at 12pm Eastern. Week 3 starts. Send me your homework by Oct 24.
Oct 26, 2020. Coaching call at 12pm Eastern. Week 4 starts. Send me your homework by Oct 31.
Nov 2, 2020. Coaching call at 12 pm Eastern. Week 5 starts. Send me your homework by Nov 7.
Nov 9, 2020. Final coaching call and final debrief.
Johanna Rothman, known as the “Pragmatic Manager,” provides frank advice for your tough problems. She helps leaders and teams see problems and resolve risks and manage their product development.
Johanna is the author of these books:
- From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams (with Mark Kilby)
- Create Your Successful Agile Project: Collaborate, Measure, Estimate, Deliver
- Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects, 2nd edition
- Project Portfolio Tips: Twelve Ideas for Focusing on the Work You Need to Start & Finish
- Diving for Hidden Treasures: Finding the Value in Your Project Portfolio (with Jutta Eckstein)
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Project Schedule or Cost
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- The 2008 Jolt Productivity award-winning Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management