Are you a consultant or other entrepreneur? If so, you know that you can improve your visibility, marketing, and selling by writing. Writing articles and books can help people look for you, your ideas, products and services.
You sell yourself through your writing.
Does this describe your writing experience so far:
- You know what you want to say, and you’re not sure how to say it.
- You look at a blank page and wonder, “What the heck should I say?”
- You’ve started any number of articles or books and haven’t finished any or enough.
- You have articles, and you’re not sure where to place them for maximum effect.
If so, this workshop is for you.
If you’re not sure how to write or what to write, this course is for you. Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Week 1: Benefits of writing. How to make writing a habit. How to improve your writing throughput.
- Week 2: How to decide what to write about. How to structure an article. What great articles look like.
- Week 3: The difference between writing and editing. Tools to make editing easier. The value of other people as reviewers.
- Week 4: Build empathy with your readers.
- Week 5: How to get published. Benefits of publishing your work yourself. Benefits of publishing on other sites. How to approach people to place your writing.
- Week 6: Tips and traps. How to find accountability for yourself.
- Final coaching and debrief.
This workshop starts on a Monday. For the Q2 2021 workshop, the dates are:
- April 12, 2021: Last day to send me your pre-work. Week 1 starts. Watch the videos. Send me your homework by April 17, midnight Eastern.
- April 19, 2021: Coaching call at 12pm Eastern. Week 2 starts. Watch the videos. Send me your homework by April 24, midnight Eastern.
- April 26, 2021: Coaching call at 12pm Eastern. Week 3 starts. Send me your homework by May 1, midnight Eastern.
- May 3, 2021: Coaching call at 12pm Eastern. Week 4 starts. Send me your homework by May 8, midnight Eastern.
- May 10, 2021: Coaching call at 12pm Eastern. Week 5 starts. Send me your homework by May 15, midnight Eastern.
- May 17, 2021: Coaching call at 12 pm Eastern. Week 6 starts. Send me your homework by May 22, midnight Eastern.
- May 24, 2021: Final coaching call, 12pm Eastern. Final debrief.
Johanna Rothman, known as the “Pragmatic Manager,” offers frank advice for your tough problems. She helps leaders and teams do reasonable things that work. Equipped with that knowledge, they can decide how to adapt their product development.
Johanna is the author of these books:
- The Modern Management Made Easy triad
- Write a Conference Proposal
- From Chaos to Successful Distributed Agile Teams (with Mark Kilby)
- Create Your Successful Agile Project: Collaborate, Measure, Estimate, Deliver
- Agile and Lean Program Management: Scaling Collaboration Across the Organization
- Manage Your Project Portfolio: Increase Your Capacity and Finish More Projects, 2nd edition
- Project Portfolio Tips: Twelve Ideas for Focusing on the Work You Need to Start & Finish
- Diving for Hidden Treasures: Finding the Value in Your Project Portfolio (with Jutta Eckstein)
- Predicting the Unpredictable: Pragmatic Approaches to Estimating Project Schedule or Cost
- Manage Your Job Search
- Hiring Geeks That Fit
- The 2008 Jolt Productivity award-winning Manage It! Your Guide to Modern, Pragmatic Project Management
- Behind Closed Doors: Secrets of Great Management